We are now accepting applications for the 2018-2019 school year. If you are interested in Pre-K or Kindergarten, we encourage you to attend one of our "Friday Mornings in March" Open Classes.
Friday Mornings in March is an Open Class initiative where we open up our Pre-K and Kindergarten classrooms to prospective students! We invite families who have not yet applied to GIS to register.
There are up to 2 guest students permitted per open class date. Registration is on a first come first served basis and must be confirmed by the Admissions Director before considered final.
Friday Mornings in March is an excellent opportunity to discover GIS through a classroom experience. Your child will have the opportunity to experience our excellent faculty and beautiful classrooms. Parents will have the opportunity to ask questions and see the remainder of the school.
Pre-K Open Class Schedule:
8:30 AM - 9:00 AM: Arrival and school tour.
9:00 AM -9:45 AM: Prospective students attend class with parents.
9:45 AM - 10:00 AM: Q+A with Faculty.
10:00 AM: Dismissal
Kindergarten Open Class Schedule:
8:15 AM: Arrival
8:30-9:55 AM: Prospective students attend class while parents receive a campus tour and Q+A with the Admissions Director and Faculty.
10:00 AM: Dismissal
- Guest children should come with a light, nut-free snack for snack time.
- Open class will end before playground time. Guest children will not be permitted to remain for outdoor play.
- Participation is limited to one Friday morning per family.
- For Pre-K visits, parents must remain with children in the classroom. For Kindergarten visits, parents must remain on school premises.
- This initiative is reserved for families who have not yet applied to GIS.
- Registration is required for all open classes. Registration is not confirmed until you receive notification from the Admissions Director.
Please click on your date of interest below to access the registration portal:
- Friday, March 9: PRE-K open class - FULL!
- Friday, March 9: KINDERGARTEN open class - FULL!
- Friday, March 16: PRE-K open class - FULL!
- Friday, March 16: KINDERGARTEN open class
- Friday, March 23: PRE-K open class - FULL!
- Friday, March 23: KINDERGARTEN open class - FULL!
- Friday, March 30: PRE-K open class - CANCELLED
- Friday, March 30: KINDERGARTEN open class - CANCELLED
If you are not able to attend one of our events, please complete an Inquiry Form
and request to schedule a private tour. Appointments are required for all tours. (Children applying to our Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten classes do not need to speak or understand either German or English. However, grade-level mastery of spoken and written German is required in Grades 1 through 11.)