- Applicants to our Pre-Kindergarten program must be three years old by September 1st of the year in which they will enroll and must be completely toilet trained.
- Non-German speaking applicants may be admitted only in Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten (ES).
- First grade students must demonstrate a basic understanding of German.
- Second through twelfth grade applicants must have the ability to perform at grade level in German.
- English fluency is not a prerequisite at any grade level. Our outstanding English Department provides differentiated instruction for both the novice and native speaker alike, from Pre-K to 12th Grade.
- All applicants to GIS must submit the completed application forms, supporting documentation and non-refundable application fee to the Admissions Office. All required forms, documents and fees are detailed under "Application Forms & Fees" in the blue box on the right.
- The completed application should be emailed to email@example.com or mailed postage-paid to: Admissions Office, German International School New York, 50 Partridge Road, White Plains, NY 10605, USA
- After you submit the completed application, please contact us to to arrange a meeting with the Head of School or Head of Lower School , depending on the entry grade of your child. This meeting is required. While we would ideally like to meet your child, we do understand that for families coming from overseas this is not always possible.
We have a rolling admissions process, which means we do not have a firm application deadline. We receive the majority of applications between the fall and early winter. In our aim to keep student:teacher ratios low and teaching quality high, once a grade reaches maximum enrollment we will begin a wait-list and you will be informed if a spot opens up for your child. Our Pre-K and Kindergarten programs tend to fill up quickly. To improve the likelihood that your child will be admitted, we encourage you to submit your application as early as possible.
Acceptance and Enrollment
The Head of School makes all admissions decisions. Once you are notified of your child's acceptance, please submit each of the forms, documents and fees detailed under "Enrollment Forms & Fees" in the list on the right. Please pay close attention to the date by which the forms must be submitted, in particular the Emergency Contact Form, Immunization Record and Physician's Health Certificate.
German International School New York seeks to assemble a diverse student body. We will not discriminate in either our admissions process or our education program on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, sexual orientation or national or ethnic origin.